[Air-l] Fwd: I/S: Call for Proposed Papers on Cybersecurity and Public Policy

burkx006 at umn.edu burkx006 at umn.edu
Wed Sep 20 18:38:32 PDT 2006

Of possible interest.  DLB

--
Dan L. Burk
Oppenheimer, Wolff & Donnelly Professor
University of Minnesota Law School
229 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55455
**********************************
voice: 612-626-8726
fax: 612-625-2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: I/S:  Call for Proposed Papers on Cybersecurity and Public Policy

Call for Proposed Papers on Cybersecurity and Public Policy:
Manuscripts Due November 1, 2006

I/S: A Journal of Law and Policy for the Information Society, published
jointly by the Center for Interdisciplinary Law and Policy Studies of the
Ohio State University's Moritz College of Law and the Institute for the
Study of Information Technology and Society (InSITeS) at Carnegie Mellon
University's H. John Heinz III School for Public Policy and Management, is
planning its second annual special issue on cybersecurity and public
policy.  Professor L. Jean Camp will again be guest editor.

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts by November 1, 2006 for
consideration.  Please forward papers (and any inquiries) to Sol Bermann,
Managing Editor of I/S, at bermann.1 at osu.edu.  For information on our
hot-off-the-press Spring/Summer 2006 Cybersecurity Policy issue, see
www.is-journal.org.

Because you may not have dealt previously with law journals or, if you
have, you may have dealt with law journals edited entirely by students,
some information about our publication process may be helpful. First,
initial manuscripts will be submitted to at least one peer reviewer, whose
comments we will expect authors to take into account in refining their
work. Actual text editing, however, will be handled by law students.
Second, our authors retain the copyrights to their work. You would be
giving us a free, perpetual, nonexclusive license to publish your work, but
we would not control your right to disseminate it in other forums in the
future. For more information about I/S, see http://www.is-journal.org.

Please feel free to re-circulate this notice to other potentially
interested parties.

Please do not "Reply" to this message.  For further information, please
contact Peter M. Shane, Joseph S. Platt - Porter, Wright, Morris & Arthur
Professor of Law and Director, Center for Interdisciplinary Law and Policy
Studies, Ohio State University at shane.29 at osu.edu