[Air-l] Brisbane Conference: Changes to the Participatory Pedagogies Panel (Fri, 29 Sept, 12.45 - 14.15)

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 07:47:55 PDT 2006

Hi All,

(Apols to those getting this email not attending the conference.)

Due to circumstances beyond his control, one of the panelists in the
"Participatory Pedagogies Convergence and the Extended Blogosphere" is
unable to attend the conference this week.  Adrian Miles and I will
still be presenting our papers -- "Networked knowledge objects
(videographic pedagogy for new knowledges" and "iPodium: Student
podcasting and participatory pedagogies" -- as planned, but in the
latter half of our session (12.45 - 14.15 in the Lockyer Room) we
would like to hold a more informal and wide-ranging discussion around
participatory cultural tools and approaches (blogs, podcasts, vlogs,
IMing, social bookmarking, etc.) and their place in higher education.
Anyone at the conference is more than welcome to participate, but can
I especially urge those people doing interesting and innovative things
with social software in their teaching to join the conversation if you
possibly can!

See you all in Brisbane in a few days!

Cheers,
Tama

--
Dr Tama Leaver
Associate Lecturer (Higher Education Development)
email: tama.leaver at uwa.edu.au
www: http://www.catl.uwa.edu.au
blog: http://ponderance.blogspot.com
edublog: http://tama.edublogs.org