[Air-l] SCHOLARSHIPS, AWARDS AND GRANTS FOR AFRICAN STUDENTS/SCHOLARS

Homero Gil de Zuniga hgildezuniga at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 4 13:18:56 PDT 2006

Hi Ellis and all,
They definitely do have problems raising funds. This summer, at the summer
doctoral program of the OII at Oxford, I met a lady/participant from
Nigeria, Wumni Hasssan. She runs a program that aims to help women in their
learning process in relation to technology. She mentioned the fundraising
problem to me several times, to the extent that the website they had
http://www.nigerianhightechwomen.org/  is pending of domain renewal due to
scarcity of financial support. This is the google cached link
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:7du1yjE-YicJ:www.nigerianhightechwomen.o
rg/+http://www.nigerianhightechwomen.org/&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1
It reminds me of the tale in which the shepherd as a joke, desperately and
repeatedly calls for help to protect his cattle from a wolf till it really
happens...
Please contact me if anyone is willing to help. I can provide her email : -
)
Best,
HGZ

Homero Gil de Zuniga