[Air-l] Air-list

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Sep 13 15:52:56 PDT 2006

No,  the air-l list never was like that.  Steve's software wasn't set
for that either.  i was always pretty much adamantly against doing
something like this :)    I still am, but now I don't make the
arguments in regards to list management.   I can see both sides of
having limited numbers of posts, but I'd rather have those people who
our enthusiastic be able to convey that, and learn when... enthusiasm
goes a bit too far through gentle prodding, or more serious measures
if it goes beyond enthusiasm.

Having been a listmom for quire some time,  I think that in regards
to list behavior, people should get appropriate hints, and when hints
fail, they should be warned by list management and when warnings are
insufficient, they should have a forced break, of 2 weeks where they
can't post, and then if they continue after a 2 weeks break, then
they should be removed.  That would be what i would currently argue for.

On Sep 13, 2006, at 6:15 PM, radhika gajjala wrote:

> I'm not sure (I dont remember if) if air was ever programmed for this
> or not - but I remember when I was running the postcolonial list - we
> configured it so that after three posts in a span of 24 hours - a
> member's post was automatically sent back.

jeremy hunsinger
Assistant Professor
Pratt Institute
www.cddc.vt.edu