[Air-l] Brisbane accomodation needed

Matthew Allen M.Allen at exchange.curtin.edu.au
Sun Sep 10 06:00:34 PDT 2006

Hi all

just to let you know that, unlike last year, our conference costs are not linked to the number of people who stay at the Hilton - that's been an issue at other conferences but we got the rates based on catering etc rather than room-stays. That said, the Hilton is a very classy hotel and brilliantly located. Might be worth the extra $ over a 4.5 * place. Anyway, transport around brisbane is very good and many hotels in walking distance from backpacker cheap to almost as expensive (or more) than the Hilton.

Incidentally, has anyone done research into the way the Internet has changed the cultural formation of the travel business by giving people more control (maybe?) or feedback relating to their experiences? I have personal anecdotal evidence but would be interested to see more. Maybe a good international collaborative grant possibility too.

If interested, let me know off list - more interested in cultural and social factors, but economic/business too would be fine

Dr Matthew Allen
Associate Professor Internet Studies
Curtin University of Technology, CRICOS 00301J Australia
m.allen at curtin.edu.au
http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm <https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://smi.curtin.edu.au/netstudies/allen.htm>
+61 8 92663511 (v) +61 8 9266 3166 (f)
President, Association of Internet Researchers http://www.aoir.org <https://email.curtin.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.aoir.org/>