[Air-l] american internet penetration stats?

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Mon Sep 11 05:53:43 PDT 2006

Yes -- this is the problem I was having, I agree on the value of the
ITU stats,but I was specifically looking for what percentage of
Americans were using the internet. Background here is that I am
looking at American discourse about the internet from 1993ish-2004
(newspaper advice columns right now), and want to convey a sense of
how many Americans might have been using the internet during those
years, especially the early years when the internet is constructed as
a marriage and life destroying monster (yes, that's really the
metaphor that gets used).

Thanks,
Nancy