[Air-l] Open access publishing (was a modest proposal)

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 08:42:30 PDT 2006

On open access I wonder if someone could give me further information (on or offlist) about the humanities participating less than the sciences. As one who works in the humanities outside the United States, I've been interested in what's been said aabout OA so far on the list. And specificaslly that point. There are of course indications that sciences/humanities merge more and more, and I've had a hard time accepting the distinction anyway. Though I mentioned the book by Michael Whitworth, _Einstein's Wake_, before I'll do so again FWIW. The main basic argument there is that language/metaphor is the great equalizer. Again FWIW and hoping it's not too dejà vu, I note that online information giving other institutions supporting OA is online by "Alliance for Taxpayer Access" found at http://www.taxpayeraccess.org/frpaa/ Thanks for any further info!

  Best regards,
  William

William Bain
PhD Student