[Air-l] Ph.D. student is looking for a good home for his Thesis

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Thu Apr 5 17:11:10 PDT 2007

In Aus and NZ the thesis is usually the only examinable thing in the
PhD degree. Things are starting to change, with some coursework being
introduced in some disciplines, but essentially The Thesis is The
(only) Thing that matters.

I have two Masters degrees from a New Zealand University, each of
which I wrote a thesis for. One included coursework and one (an MPhil
by research) didn't - it was examined totally on the thesis.

M-H