[Air-l] Our VT colleagues

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 02:41:30 PDT 2007

Ellis Godard wrote <<"have to negotiate things" is a moral imperative not, of course, often followed.>>

  I respectfully take the point. Without wishing to insist on developing a thread that doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention, I would add that maybe you've struck a realpolitik chord in terms of the reference to Donald Black's "pure sociology". Based only on looking at the article you've referenced (far too little, I admint) the first thing that strikes me is that it's an approach that goes much against the current transdisciplinary grain. On the other hand,k used in conjunction with other approaches, maybe there's a good deal in it. Whether this is the forum for it or not I suppose remains to be seen.

  Best regards, William

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature