[Air-l] Ph.D. student is looking for a good home for his Thesis

Michael Baron webbaron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 22:31:20 PDT 2007

Hi, all
I guess my posting to the AOIR list is an anusual one!

I am based in Melbourne, Australia. I have been a Ph.D student at RMIT
University for 3 years...then had to leave due to some "lovely
misunderstandings" with my supervisor. As a result I am left with a)
Virtually complete ph.d Thesis in the Area of Internet Communications but no
university to submit the Thesis at (have to shop for another uni now) b)
difficult job of finding a uni
I am not after living allowance etc. ( I got a uni teaching job, thx God)
but i am looking for a university where i can submit my thesis ASAP (if its
Aus, i guess i will have to wait for at least two years before i can
submit).

What i am looking for is opportunity to continue my studies free of charge (
e.g. fee-exemption scholarship such as RTS) as well as opportunity to
complete the thesis in Internet Communications without moving out of
Melbourne.

In return, I will be more than happy to contribute to the univerisity's
research activities, online teaching etc.

Any helpers? Or may be some good advice
I feel a bit shy to use AOIR for the purpose of finding good home for my
thesis...but given all the energy i put into my thesis already, am feeling a
bit desperate :).

Thank you for your help.
Michael
--
"My Body is my Temple"
"Be The Change You Want to See In The World." Gandhi