[Air-l] is Internet a '"source" or a "medium"? - ignorant'squestion

Constantine, Norman nconstantine at stmarysannapolis.org
Mon Apr 9 08:32:31 PDT 2007

Users create sources of information and make them available on the Internet. Hypertext and packet switching have no sense of what they transmit but how they transmit it affects how the users perceive the information. In Marshal McCluens terms..."the medium is the message." The novel Moby Dick, and the movie Moby Dick tell the same story in very different ways that affect how the user perceives it. Anoterh example that makes sense to me is an audio file as opposed to a text file. Simply receiving the text as  audio affects the message that the user recieves.

My two cents....