[Air-l] Internet -- Source or Medium?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 11 10:37:28 PDT 2007

The internet is bounded by physical energy use and apparently the 4
tons of e-waste produced every 1 hour in the USA. see http://
www.theintegratedcircuit.org/ for what students at my school are
writing about this e-waste problem and solution in both Canada and
the USA.

Also electric guitars are another creative endeavour that uses
electrical power so electricity has its creative uses before the
internet. Also some guitar players have made a lot of money this way
like some internet users make a lot of money. Guitars are mediums
sources are recordings. Although I am not a music scholar I enjoy
creating in both mediums.

we will run out of energy and the internet will stop.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2007).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.