[Air-l] FW: Re: consent for asynchronous qualitative email

C Cook or A McDonald bodhi at nznet.gen.nz
Wed Apr 11 13:47:20 PDT 2007

  _____

From: C Cook or A McDonald [mailto:bodhi at nznet.gen.nz]
Sent: Thursday, 12 April 2007 08:44
To: 'air-l at listserv.aoir.org'
Subject: Re: [Air-l] consent for asynchronous qualitative email

Thank you for your reply and suggestions, Kristin. I anticipate that I will
be able to obtain ethics approval as a number of other nurse researchers
internationally have used in-depth email interviews for 'sensitive' topics,
using a variety of mechanisms to protect participants' confidentiality to a
level considered adequate to enable ease of participation and reasonable
security. The use of g-mail, hotmail and encryption all allow for
anonymising participants. It is specifically the consent procedures that are
currently a focus for me.

Kind regards,

Catherine Cook

PhD candidate