[Air-l] Internet Usage in India

Frederick Noronha fred at bytesforall.org
Thu Apr 19 06:56:14 PDT 2007

Nicole, I'm not sure if it's right to call a 'shaadi' site a "dating"
one. The former is linked to marriage, and has very different
connotations from dating as is understood in the West. Wonder what the
others from the sub-continent feel on this score. FN
PS: When we wanted to promote the popularity of Goanet, a
not-for-profit venture, one such network was run and here's some
specimen output: http://www.goacom.org/news/getStory.php?ID=2040
There's probably no one-to-one correspondence in translating across cultures.

--
FN M: 0091 9822122436 P: +91-832-240-9490 (after 1300IST please)
http://fn.goa-india.org  http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com