[Air-l] on conferences

Steve Jones sjones at info.comm.uic.edu
Thu Apr 26 06:25:04 PDT 2007

I've been meaning to add to this discussion of journals but haven't
had time. However, this is a small piece of the overall thread that I
can quickly respond to.

Jeremy is correct that AoIR did not publish the research annual (but
he's not correct insofar as it's Peter Lang Publishing that's the
publisher and not "Steve's Publisher" :-)). It was, as usual with all
things AoIR, volunteer work that made it happen, and it was primarily
Mia Consalvo who volunteered. Without here there would not have been
an annual, just as there would not have been one without the program
chairs who served as editors, nor without the contributors.

It's also correct that the last research annual will be the last one
published by Peter Lang. Sales were abysmal, and while I don't have
the figures in front of me, they were in the neighborhood of fewer
than 100 sold of each.

Sj