[Air-l] Fwd: [ias-opportunities] Call for SOUPS posters and discussion sessions

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Thu Apr 26 20:54:33 PDT 2007

looks interesting...

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie+ at cs.cmu.edu>
> Date: April 26, 2007 11:08:35 PM EDT
> To: ias-opportunities at cerias.purdue.edu
> Subject: [ias-opportunities] Call for SOUPS posters and discussion
> sessions
>
> Call for Posters and Discussion Sessions
> Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2007) - July 18-20,
> Pittsburgh, PA
> http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2007/
>
> SOUPS posters and discussion session proposals are due May 18. See
> details below.
>
> SOUPS registration is now open. The early registration deadline in
> June 5. A preliminary program will be posted soon.
>

> POSTERS
>
> We seek poster abstracts describing recent or ongoing research or
> experience in all areas of usable privacy and security. Submission of
> late breaking results and work in progress is especially
> encouraged. Submissions should follow the same formatting instructions
> as refereed papers, but should be at most two pages and should not
> include categories and subject descriptors, general terms, or
> keywords. They should include a copyright block. Accepted poster
> abstracts will appear in the ACM Digital Library as part of the ACM
> International Conference Proceedings Series. Please follow the final
> submission formatting instructions when preparing your poster abstract
> to avoid the need to revise poster abstracts after acceptance
> decisions are made. In addition, SOUPS will include a poster session
> in which authors will exhibit their posters. Note, poster abstracts
> should be formatted like short papers, not like posters. Authors of
> accepted posters will be sent information about how to prepare and
> format posters for the conference.
>

> DISCUSSION SESSIONS
>
> SOUPS will feature parallel, moderated breakout sessions (similar to
> Birds of a feather sessions) in which symposium participants will
> discuss a topic related to usable privacy and security. These sessions
> may include a brief introduction to the topic by the moderator, but
> otherwise will not include formal presentations. Discussion session
> topics may include, but are not limited to, definitions or metrics,
> design critiques, research agendas, or frameworks for collaborative
> research. We seek proposals for discussion session topics. Proposals
> must include a one paragraph statement of the topic to be discussed
> and a one paragraph bio of each proposer that describes their
> experience or interest in the topic. Optionally, proposers may submit
> up to two pages of background material that can be distributed to
> participants and posted on the SOUPS website. Authors of accepted
> proposals will be expected to moderate their discussion session and
> provide a brief report on their session for posting on the SOUPS web
> site after the symposium.

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal