[Air-l] I'm researching virality in social networks : suggestedpapers?

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 30 05:34:12 PDT 2007

This paper discusses how design of social interactions in conjuction with media
affects network formations. Examples are from small online learning groups.

Haythornthwaite, C. (2002). Strong, weak and latent ties and the impact of new
media. The Information Society, 18(5), 385 - 401.

This one extends this to consider effects on and of the Internet as a whole.

Haythornthwaite, C. (2005). Social networks and Internet connectivity effects.
Information, Communication & Society, 8(2), 125-147.

/Caroline