[Air-l] arranged marriages 21st century

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Apr 20 13:22:00 PDT 2007

1. It's time for a rewrite of _A Suitable Boy_ taking matrimonial sites
into account.

2. A former Muslim Indian-Canadian student of mine had an arranged
marriage to a co-ethnic IT guy, but she turned down 2 possibles
beforehand. She's now writing a story with me called
"How I Arranged My Arranged Marriage" (title copyright by Uzma and me).

 Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php