[Air-l] Call for abstracts - On the Identity Trail student conference

Michael Zimmer michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
Sat Apr 7 07:43:34 PDT 2007

Colleagues:

Below is a Call for student abstracts for "The Student I" conference
on privacy and identity at the University of Ottawa. Graduate and
undergraduate students will present their work at a day-long
conference investigating identity, identification, privacy and
anonymity through various disciplinary lenses.  Participants will be
selected through a fully peer-reviewed process and presentations from
students from around the world are anticipated.  More information at
http://www.idtrail.org/content/view/650/

Apologies for any cross-postings.

-michael

-----
Michael T. Zimmer
  Doctoral Candidate, Culture and Communication, New York University
  Student Fellow, Information Law Institute, NYU Law School
e: michael.zimmer at nyu.edu
w: http://michaelzimmer.org

*****

CALL FOR STUDENT ABSTRACTS
The Student "I": A student conference on privacy and identity
University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law
October 25, 2007
http://revealedi.org

Graduate and undergraduate students from all disciplines are invited
to submit an abstract for The Student “I”, a student conference on
October 25, 2007 at the Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Canada.

Preceding the Revealed “I” conference hosted by researchers from On
the Identity Trail, this day long student conference brings together
students from around the world, selected through a peer-review
process, to present research relating to identity, privacy,
anonymity, technology, surveillance, and other related topics engaged
by the On the Identity Trail project (idtrail.org).

Abstracts should not exceed 1,000 words (including notes and
citations). Successful abstracts will seek to make an original
contribution. Inter-disciplinary submissions are encouraged.
Abstracts should be accompanied with a short bio, which should
include the student’s program and institution of study, and an email
address for correspondence.  The deadline for abstracts is July 1,
2007. Send to:

             Julia Ladouceur
              University of Ottawa
             Faculty of Law, Common Law Section
             57 Louis Pasteur Street
             Ottawa, ON  K1N 6N5
             Email: anonplan at uottawa.ca

Successful applicants will be notified at the email address provided
no later than August 1, 2007.  Successful applicants who are unable
to obtain funding from their home institution may apply for a student
bursary to cover expenses relating to travel and accommodation.