[Air-l] Origin of the term "Internet"

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 15:29:31 PDT 2007

  I am speaking to biases created by definitional boundaries. I might add that it parallels your admonition for others to define their terms in a recent posting. If I might paraphrase: "Natural", "occuring" and "conflicts" impose different inferences (sanctioned) depending on the definitions used.

  James

Ellis Godard <egodard at csun.edu> wrote:
  That seems wrong, or inverted, from the first sentence: Ontological
commitments may be opinionated, conventionalized, fashionable, or stylized.
But opinion, convention, fashion, and style could as easily be
epistegmological, theoretical, methodological, or practical as ontological.

-eg

http://www.aoir.org/