[Air-l] Ph.D. student is looking for a good home for his Thesis

Charlie Balch charlie at balch.org
Thu Apr 5 12:07:59 PDT 2007

I know things are different in other nations but don't Ph.D. students write
a dissertation and masters students write a thesis?

I also sympathize. My advisor used my dissertation to shake things up in my
department and I ended up with a committee that was mostly
out-of-department. It also took an extra year. I'm very proud of what I
produced but am not sure that the extra time was worth it.

For those that are interested, my dissertation was a case study on Internet
surveys. I created a survey system that encourages best methods of survey
design as defined by research (http://birat.net). You may also be interested
in the review of literature at http://balch.org/lsu/dissertation.

Best regards,

Reverend Captain Charles Vickroy Balch M.Ed. MBA Ph.D.
(I'll only use that title once)