[Air-l] Online Masters in E-learning at Edinburgh

Sian Bayne sian.bayne at ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 03:44:56 PDT 2007

Dear AoIR Colleague

You may be interested to know about the MSc in E-learning offered by the
University of Edinburgh. This is a fully online programme which can be
studied either full-time or part-time from September 2007. Our web site
is at: http://www.education.ed.ac.uk/e-learning

This is a fully-supported, innovative distance learning programme which
aims to help students gain the practical skills and critical insights
they need to become confident practitioners within this fast-moving
field. If you are involved in post-school education or in training and
development, you may find the programme of interest.

Using a range of digital environments as appropriate (WebCT, Second
Life, weblogs, chat and wikis for example), we offer courses including:

An introduction to digital environments for learning
Understanding learning in the online environment
E-learning strategy and policy
Online assessment
E-learning and digital culture
E-learning, politics and society
An introduction to digital game-based learning
Language, culture and communication in online learning

For a full list of courses and more information about the MSc, please
see the web site, or get in touch with me.

with best wishes,

Sian

--------------------

Dr. Sian Bayne