[Air-l] new book opportunity

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 19 07:07:14 PDT 2007

DK more than this, forwarded by a friend

 Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php
 Invitation:
Please consider to contribute and distribute to the appropriate groups the
following

#####################

Call for chapters:
University of Leipzig, University of Bamberg
and the German Society for Online Research (DGOF):

Title:
Communication, participation and impact in the Social Web – Weblogs,
Wikis,
Podcasts and Communities in an interdisciplinary view

Editors:
Prof. Dr. Ansgar Zerfaß, Universität Leipzig, Communication Management and
Public Relations Dr. Martin Welker, Universität Leipzig, Journalism; DGOF
board Dr. Jan Schmidt, Universität Bamberg, Research Unit „New Media for
Communication“

Series of publications:
New Texts on Online Research, Volume 2
German Society for Online Research (Ed.)

Publisher:
Herbert von Halem Verlag (Cologne)

To be published: January 2008

Size:
About 350 pages, 16 to 20 papers á 15 – 20 pages

Language: German and English

We welcome papers which highlight the discussion of effects in and of the
so
so called “Web 2.0”. We appreciate also papers which apply methods of
online
research like online questionnaires, logfile analysis or experimental
approaches like research via avatars. As we promoting a transdisciplinary
view we welcome also papers from professional research companies or
corporations researching the Web 2.0 phenomenon for their businesses.

Possible questions of interest:
Does Web 2.0 allow for methodological innovation?
How can social science and neighbouring disciplines deal with Web 2.0? How
can Web 2.0 applications be used as research tools? How can we
conceptualise
the heterogeneous spaces of Web 2.0?

Please send your paper until 15th of May to
onlineforschung2 at yahoogroups.de
You will receive an answer of acceptance until the 15th of June.

Best Regards,

Dr. Martin Welker

Tel: (0341) 97 35 755
E-Mail: welker at uni-leipzig.de

www.dgof.de
www.gor.de

Universitaet Leipzig
Institut fuer Kommunikations- und Medienwissenschaft
Abteilung Journalistik,
Management für Abteilungsleitung und Studienfachberatung

Burgstrasse 21, 04109 Leipzig