[Air-l] webcamera

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 06:12:23 PDT 2007

Birgit,

  Terri Senft (sp) of this list has worked extensively in this area.

  James

Birgit Hertzberg Kaare <b.h.kaare at media.uio.no> wrote:
  Hello everyone,

One of my students, Helle Jacobsen, who is a sociologist, wants to write
her master thesis on the use of webcameras among young people. She writes:

"I'm interested in any research related to kids/teenagers' use of
webcamera in 1:1 conversations through instant messaging services such
as Skype and MSN Messenger. How many have webcameras, who has them, how
often do they use them, who do they have webcamera conversations with
and who do they avoid, what type of content do they produce/share, are
there any gender specific patterns etc.

I'm (also) interested in research related to kids/teenagers' use of MMS.
Who sends and who receives MMSes and what type of content do
respectively boys/girls share with whom? "

If anyone would like to answer her, I would be happy to forward your
message.

Thanks,

Birgit Hertzberg Kaare

--