[Air-l] Fwd: ETHICOMP Doctoral Consortium 2007

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Apr 30 07:21:46 PDT 2007

> In the 12 years that ETHICOMP has been in existence it has grown a
> vibrant international academic community concerned with the ethical
> and social dimensions of information and communication
> technologies. One of the most important aspects of this growth has
> been the number of doctoral students studying in this area. It is
> from this part of our community that our academic leaders of the
> future will emerge. To support their development a new initiative,
> ETHICOMP Doctoral Consortium is to be launched 13-14 September 2007
> at the Centre for Computing and Social Responsibility, De Montfort
> University, Leicester, UK.
> Consortium Directors
> Dr Penny Duquenoy, UK, Assoc Prof Nancy Pouloudi, Greece and Dr
> Bernd Stahl, UK
>
> Outline
> The consortium will comprise a series of master classes in which
> doctoral students will engage with experienced supervisors in the
> field to help them hone their research ideas and review their
> research strategies. Keynote addresses on relevant topics will
> complete the programme.
> The cost of attendance will be confirmed but will be kept to a
> minimum. There is a limited number of places (probably 20-25) due
> to the interactive nature of the consortium. Students at any stage
> of their studies can apply. Places will be awarded on the basis of
> submitted proposals. Submission procedure
> A proposal should be submitted using the following headings:
>
> Personal Details
> Full Name, Nationality
> Country of residence
> Email address
> University of study, Name and title of first supervisor
> Title of research, Year of study, Mode of study (pt/ft)
>
> Details of Proposal
> Part A - 500 words explaining the nature of the research being
> undertaken and the approach being adopted
> Part B - 250 words explaining why a place at the consortium should
> be awarded.
> Part C - a brief endorsement by the first supervisor
>
> Personal Details, Part A and Part B embedded in an email should be
> submitted by the student.
> Part C should be emailed by the first supervisor (the student
> should arrange this)
>
> The language for the consortium is English, and all submitted
> proposals must be in English.
>
> Proposals should be submitted to ccsr at dmu.ac.uk by 15 June 2007
>
> For more information please visit http://www.ccsr.cse.dmu.ac.uk/
> conferences/ethicomp/ethicomp07/index1.html

> Mohammed Hawash
> CCSR Webmaster
> Centre Of Computing and Social Responsibility
> Faculty Of Computing Sciences and Engineering
> The Gateway
> De Montfort University
> Leicester
> LE1 9BH
>
> Tel: (+44) 0116 250 6143
> Fax: (+44) 0116 207 8159

jeremy hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal