[Air-l] Origin of the term "Internet"

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Sun Apr 1 20:42:31 PDT 2007

Opinions, conventions, fashions, and styles of terminological meaning might
well be ontological. But opinion, convention, fashion, and style regarding
tie width or shirt collar design concerns a lower level of abstraction than
ontology.

Also, I question whether definitional boundaries create, rather than
reflect, biases – and whether biases (whatever that means in this context)
are negative, wrong, etc.

-eg