[Air-l] studying web pages

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 19:56:12 PDT 2007

Dear Kalliopi -

Web pages usually come from practices that have been
underway in print for some time. Therefore you might
want to mention some references on the theory on
constructing oneself as an individual of importance in
print:

Miller, N., & Morgan, D. 1993. Called to account: The
CV as an autobiographical practice. Sociology, 27(1),
133-143.

Weintraub, K. 1978. The value of the individual: Self
and circumstance in autobiography. Chicago: Chicago
University Press.

There's also some interesting work in psychology on
representation in personal web pages.

Cheers, Denise

etc.

Cheers, Denise

--- KALLIOPI KYRIAKOPOULOU
<k.kyriakopoulou at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I am examining the way in which the British MPs
> are constructing their profile though their web
> pages and I welcome any suggestions re the
> methodology towards the study of web pages in
> general.
>
>   Any suggestions mostly welcome!
>
>   Thank you
>
>   Kalliopi
>

>   Dr Kalliopi Kyriakopoulou
>   Dept. of Politics and IR
>   University of Kent
>   Canterbury, CT2 7NX
>   Kent, U.K.
>
>   email: K.Kyriakopoulou at kent.ac.uk
>            K.Kyriakopoulou at btinternet.com
>

> Kalliopi Kyriakopoulou
> PhD cand. Dept.of Politics and IR
> University of Kent at Canterbury
> U.K.
> email: k.kyriakopoulou at btinternet.com)

Denise N. Rall, PhD
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tues: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 Mobile 0438 233 344
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html