[Air-l] Trouble with journals

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 09:54:13 PDT 2007

Keep in mind that this is pure speculation!

  What you suggest is a possibility. Consider this, articles would perculate up based on a combined rating. Less scholarly articles would move downward.

  In dealing with young scholars I have seen good ideas get totally rejected based on criteria other than the idea. Badly presented ideas can be generative for research. It could also provide learning opportunities that a rejection letter doesn't give.

  Disc-drive space is very cheap.

  Of course a system like this presents a level playing field and may challenge the meritocracy of tradition systems. i.e the old boy system may take offense.

  James
Christian Nelson <xianknelson at mac.com> wrote:
  Interesting idea, but where would editing fit into the process? Do
raw manuscripts get rated, then edited, and then posted to the
official journal?

http://www.aoir.org/