[Air-l] I'm researching virality in social networks : suggested papers?

James Whyte whyte.james at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 10:35:54 PDT 2007

elw at stderr.org wrote:

> Newness is not indicative of difference. If one accepts general process
> it leads to the lawfullness of human behavior whether online or offline.

I don't understand the last sentence of this. Particularly the use of the
word lawfulness.

--e

  General Process Theory is social science 101. Paraphrasing (IMHO): Human behavior is lawfull and measurable. It is the underpinnings for 150 years of empirical research in all the social sciences, particulary psychology and sociology. Contrasted with qualitative approaches that provide descriptive methods.

  It has some current challenges based on advances in learning theory, cognitive neuro-science and biological sciences, but it remains largely intact.

  James