[Air-l] Social media in rural communities

Mary-Helen Ward mhward at usyd.edu.au
Mon Apr 30 22:52:59 PDT 2007

I'm a middle-aged lesbian and I use it. As I posted before some older
gay men have told me they can't use it or even bear to read it, but it's
a very common parlance, both popular and academic, and has been for
15-20 years. The list of queer theoreticians is too long to mention, so
I'd suggest you try putting 'queer theory' in google scholar. You'll
find some famous names there.

And queer bashing hasn't gone away.

M-H