[Air-L] Literature on Seeding Online Communities

James A Danowski jimd at uic.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:57:27 PDT 2007

I present an example of an approach for generating optimal messages to seed
or change the discussion in an online community:

Danowski, J. A. (1982).  A network-based content analysis methodology for
computer-mediated communication: An           illustration with a computer
bulletin board, in M. Burgoon (Ed.), Communication Yearbook 5 (pp.
904-925). New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books.

James A, Danowski
Department of Communication
University of Illinois at Chicago