[Air-L] The Spiders will find you (was wayback machine waspublic/private)

Susan Chang s.z.chang.paris at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:30:40 PDT 2007

On 8/14/07, elw at stderr.org <elw at stderr.org> wrote:
> Your copyright doesn't mean that you can selectively tell people not to
> use things that you have published in a manner that is consistent with the
> doctrine of fair use.
>
> You don't get to pick.  Sorry about that!
>
> --e

Copyright does not let you pick, but what if I include a restrictive
license? Someone earlier suggested a "Researchers May Not Research Me"
license, for example. How far may "Terms of Service" extend? Even if I
do not have password protection, couldn't readers be exposed to a
clickwrap license (ToS) on reading my blog?

- Suzy