[Air-L] The Spiders will find you (was wayback machine waspublic/private)

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Tue Aug 14 16:35:51 PDT 2007

> Copyright does not let you pick, but what if I include a restrictive
> license? Someone earlier suggested a "Researchers May Not Research Me"
> license, for example. How far may "Terms of Service" extend? Even if I
> do not have password protection, couldn't readers be exposed to a
> clickwrap license (ToS) on reading my blog?

General consensus among attorneys I know has long been that clickwrap
licenses on *software* are questionable.  By extension, I believe that
such a thing on a blog post would be even more so.

ToS/"don't research me" leads you quickly to the slippery slope down which
such themes as "thoughtcrime" lie....

--e