[Air-L] on the Wayback Machine (was public/private [part 1 of 2])

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:24:06 PDT 2007

On 13/08/07, Michael Zimmer <michael.zimmer at nyu.edu> wrote:

> (a) Are there other media forms (current or historical) where
> publishing content means that it is automatically scanned and
> archived by external aggregators (search spiders, Internet Archive,
> etc)? [If I posted a note on "The Wall" at Yale Law School, no one
> routinely takes a snapshot of the wall to keep a permanent record of
> it, right?]

Not automatic as such, but I've recently been contacted by the British
Library as they're trying to create an archive of online material.
They've sent me forms for me to sign, to say that I'm happy for them
to archive it (and to agree that I hold the copyright).

Emma

--
Blog: http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~duke-wie/blog/