[Air-L] help on africa and computer donations

Radhika Gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Tue Aug 28 06:01:11 PDT 2007

I have published /researched (and continue to do so) on exploring
related issues - if Alok can contact me offlist - I am willing to
dialogue with him on the issues.

On Aug 27, 2007, at 8:18 PM, nativebuddha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am Alok Kotecha, a Computer Science major at the College of
> Charleston. I am working on a paper for my English 102 class that is
> based mainly on donating computers to the developing nations of
> Africa, mostly Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Mozambique & Zambia.
>
> My main argument is that developed nations donate technology such as
> computers to these counties with the aim of technologically advancing
> the nations, however they do not consider the fact that donating
> computers is not the main thing to be done at this stage.

Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator
School of Communication Studies
302 West Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402