[Air-L] Second Life- second thoughts

tom abeles tabeles at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 10:41:56 PDT 2007

Hi Scott

How do you think about this arena sociologically when the half life for
change is so short across this area and SL is the first to emerge of a type
of environment that is expected to be doubling in numbers yearly?

Right now, environments like SL are seen much like the New World was seen by
the first explorers who mapped their reality onto the new lands. Thus, it
might seem more interesting to look at the immigrants and explorers.

The rise of interactivity via the emerging technologies of PDA's and dual
band cell phones which add dimensions to cross border knowledge transitions
seems to point to much of the problems we are now seeing in the physical
universe and would seem to suggest that close study would be instantaneously
historical in nature, past rather than present/future oriented

thoughts?

tom

tom abeles