[Air-L] IRL DVD now on sale!

Tuszynski, Stephanie stuszyn at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Wed Aug 1 08:44:31 PDT 2007

Hi everyone-

Some of you have been following the torturous progress of this project ever since the rough cut was shown at AOIR in Sussex. Well, the long wait is finally over and the DVD is now for sale! Just in time for fall semester. ;)

Go to this page on the website for details:

http://www.dlfilms.com/irl/index.html

The film is also listed through Amazon.com but going through the URL above will provide a special discount code for $5 off the list price of $29.99. Customflix ships internationally and the DVDs are region-free, but they are formatted in NTSC and not PAL, for those of you outside the US.

"IRL (In Real Life)" is a documentary about an online community called "The Bronze." 25 people were interviewed discussing their involvement with this particular online group of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans and the film focuses on the life, death and after-life of the community. The goal of the project was to let the Bronzers tell their story in their own words and provide a narrative to counter the tendency of the media to focus solely on the dangers of the Internet. In other words, this is a mass-market targeted production, not an academic project.

Please e-mail me with any questions. And if you enjoy the film, we could use some good word-of-mouth advertising!

Stephanie Tuszynski
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Theatre and Film
University of Toledo