[Air-L] Survey completion rate

Holly Kruse holly-kruse at utulsa.edu
Fri Aug 10 10:57:36 PDT 2007

I currently have an online survey underway, and as it slogs along, it has
made me curious about something.  What, generally, do people find to be the
completion rate of their online surveys?  This is a stat to which I probably
wouldn't have access in a traditional paper survey -- I wouldn't be able to
differentiate between people who started the questionnaire and didn't
complete it, and those who just didn't fill it out at all -- so it's an
interesting feature of this survey format.  I'm finding that so far, with my
survey the completion rate is hovering around 80%.  Is that similar to
others' experiences?

And FWIW, it's a survey about interactive media use and horse race betting
in the U.S.  So if any of you bet on horse racing in the U.S. with any
regularity, or know someone who does, feel free to scurry on over to (or
send them to):

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=4hvRfxac4nysaLPYd_2bzIlg_3d_3d

Although really, I'm publicizing it in horse racing forums.  But I am
curious to hear about completion rates of others' online surveys.

Holly

--
Holly Kruse
Faculty of Communication