[Air-L] public private

Ed Lamoureux ell at bumail.bradley.edu
Fri Aug 10 14:38:16 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Conor Schaefer wrote:

> More to the point, the concourse of a mall is by my definition
> completely public.

and this would absolutely wrong and total nonsense, at least in
America. In American, EVERY mall is private property and is
specifically posted as such. No one may do research within them
without the express written consent of the mall owners. You'll find
that posted on the outside doors of virtually every mall you enter.
If it isn't posted on the doors, it's up on a wall someplace. If you
don't believe me, just call your local marketing firm and ask them
about the contracts and permissions they have to sign with the mall
in order to do research within.

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Multimedia Program
and Department of Communication