[Air-L] public private

burkx006 at umn.edu burkx006 at umn.edu
Sat Aug 11 08:02:42 PDT 2007

I'm coming to this late, and this isn't meant to be directed at any
particular participant in the discussion, but I just wanted to note that
nearly everything that has been said so far about copyright and licensing
of music has been, if not completely wrong, at least substantially
incomplete and/or inaccurate (and has been directed to U.S. copyright;
other jurisdictions differ quite widely).

Correcting or amending all the comments would I think be a threadjack, so I
won't. Just don't anybody rely to heavily on the particulars of what the
commenters have said. Especially when it comes to digital downloads, where
the (U.S.) system is quite different than what has been discussed.

DLB

--
Dan L. Burk
Oppenheimer, Wolff & Donnelly Professor