[Air-L] on the Wayback Machine (was public/private [part 1 of 2])

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Aug 13 19:01:06 PDT 2007

unless of course, you run a bot system unawares... through a plug in
or otherwise.  that is how the alexa index was built, people added a
crawler-bot feeder to their browsers, so if you go to a page, it
found the page.

(we might want to cut our replies a bit too)

Jeremy Hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

Words are things; and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a
thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions,
think. --Byron