[Air-L] crime statistics

Tuszynski, Stephanie stuszyn at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Thu Aug 9 07:57:27 PDT 2007

Thanks Robert. But I already had the IC3 reports, and they focus on white collar crime (fraud in particular).

I'm looking for data on violent crime, including assault. I can't find any hard numbers. Even googling through news reports I only came up with 2 cases in the US in the last 2 years that involved contact on myspace (the "20,000 sex offenders on myspace!" panic is what prompted this question)

Stephanie Tuszynski
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Theatre and Film
University of Toledo

Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Cannon <rcannon100 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Air-L] crime statistics?
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org

wrote:

> Are there any hard statistics on crime being
> perpetrated on the Internet? I'm not talking about

Internet Crime Complaint Center
Annual Report
http://www.ic3.gov/media/annualreports.aspx

"The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) was
established as a partnership between the Federal
Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White
Collar Crime Center (NW3C) to serve as a means to
receive Internet related criminal complaints and to
further research, develop, and refer the criminal
complaints to federal, state, local, or international
law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies for any
investigation they deem to be appropriate."