[Air-L] speaking of crime

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 9 20:29:20 PDT 2007

See "moral panics" and changing laws quickly on horrific news events
that in affect overrides principles of criminal law.

Just this past year they have released in Canada some innocent Arab
men held with out charge for years under no evidence to defence(!)
team rules but our Supreme court has finally throw out many of our
anti terror laws that came in after 911.

We are also now in Canada constantly filmed by cops during peaceful
protests.

Peter Timusk,
B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa (2006-2007).
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.