[Air-L] Dissertation

M. Deanya Lattimore mdlattim at syr.edu
Fri Aug 10 08:55:25 PDT 2007

Good, good,  -- I was thinking this way too as to your first point.  The
problem with the second point is that I argue in my diss that ALL
electronic and computer writing must be considered to some degree
"public": it's not a dichotomous construct.

If people did not want their information to be considered "published,"
then they should write it on paper and keep it under their mattresses,
not type it into large databases that are collected, spidered, and
searched by other online tools.

So by default for me, all internet work has been intended for
publication.  Maybe to limited audiences, like when someone posts pics
of themselves getting drunk in Facebook, but the fact of the matter is,
it's still more in the public space than in the private one.

--
:-D.