[Air-L] Buddy churn

barry saunders b.saunders at qut.edu.au
Sat Aug 11 00:09:52 PDT 2007

it's just an observation, but I was discussing this the other night with
some colleagues and the consensus seemed to be that RSS has affected the
temporality of blogging, and the expectation that your blog be updated
daily. I have about 500 blogs I've subscribed to via RSS, yet some of those
only get updated once or twice a year. I don't really unsubscribe from a
blog unless I find I don't like it any more or I'm getting swamped with
posts.

Whereas a year or two ago, I had about 50 blogs bookmarked, and any blog
that wasn't updated for a few weeks was dropped.

Barry Saunders
http://investigativeblog.net
http://youdecide2007.net
PhD Candidate // researcher