[Air-L] on the Wayback Machine (was public/private [part 1 of 2])

Conor Schaefer conor.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:49:30 PDT 2007

Yeah, I've seen many similar instances, such as a man caught urinating
by the roadside, a woman getting in or out of her car with her thong
exposed... while I agree that all these things are indeed occurring in
public and therefore it is not a violation of privacy to post them, even
for archival, I simply cannot agree with your statement that the
organizations responsible for this dissemination "were not adding to the
potential audience."

I think that notions of what constitutes privacy will shift gradually.
There will /always /be a public/private dichotomy of sometime, IMO.

Conor