[Air-L] The Spiders will find you (was wayback machine waspublic/private)

Conor Schaefer conor.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 22:39:20 PDT 2007

I love real-world analogies. I think analogies are vital in trying to
understand any issue, and I stand by that here. So, toward that end, I
propose that not knowing blogs are public is like not understanding the
acoustics of the room in which you are speaking. If someone on the other
end of a concourse in a heavily trafficked mall hears what you were
saying to your friend because the sound bounced in an unexpected way (no
sound-augmentation equipment was used), do you really have any right to
ask the hearer to keep quiet about what you said?

I think that knowledge determines behavior. Ignorance might lead to
behavior which the agent might later regret, but it does not mean that
the obligations on those around the agent are different. Or?

Conor