[Air-L] [AOIR 8.0] Vancouver Conference Update #5 (August 16, 2007)

Richard Smith smith at sfu.ca
Thu Aug 16 15:17:48 PDT 2007

Hello, all you AIRtimers!

Time for another AIR Conference update. Thought I'd forgotten about it, eh?
Not a chance. We love stuffing your email box with bits from the far north -
check your ports for frost - and will continue right up to the opening of
the conference.

Today's update includes news on the program, a contest that could win you
fame and glory, visa information, PIE, and the usual entreaties to register
early.

PROGRAM

The full program, as you already are aware, I am sure, is now available
online. If you haven't seen it already, check out the link as posted by Mia
(http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~consalvo/aoir_conference_schedule.xls) or go
here: http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_Program

CONTEST

As Matthew told me in my briefing when taking on this job, the Australians
really "set the bar" in terms of the program. I aim to clear that bar and
set a new record. But, I know that my own design skills aren't going to do
it. So, I have concocted this idea to have a "program design" contest. If
you design the new program I will pay for your registration to AoIR (or the
cash equivalent). Is that something you'd like to do? If so, check out the
details on the contest here:
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_Contest

VISA

You might need a visa to come to Canada. Please check our web site for
information about countries whose citizens require visas, and details on how
to get a letter of invitation, if necessary:
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_VISA_info

PIE

Yes, pie. We're going to have pie at this conference. Thank Holly and Mia
for that. And if you want more info on the pie, we'll you should be on the
AoIR facebook group, then, shouldn't you?
http://sfu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5212889713

REGISTER

If you haven't registered for the conference yet, what are you waiting for?
Get on it! Here is the link: http://www.aoir.org/?q=conf

HOTELS

Are you booked into a hotel? If not, you might be sleeping rough. There is a
lot of great information on hotels here:
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=IR8_Location_and_Hotels

That's all for now, folks.

...r

--
Richard Smith, Professor, School of Communication
Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, CANADA V6B 5K3