[Air-L] Interpersonal Position

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Fri Aug 24 14:20:45 PDT 2007

I am chairing a search for an Assistant Professor in Interpersonal
Communication at the University of Kansas. I strongly encourage
people looking at issues centered on personal relationships and new
technology to apply, although a new technology angle is not a
requirement. Please pass this along to any appropriate candidates you
may know, and let me know of any one you think would be a good match
whom I should contact directly.

Feel free to contact me for further information! I'll also be happy
to discuss this further with anyone who's interested at the AoIR
meeting in Vancouver.

Thanks,
Nancy

__________________________________

UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
Assistant Professor
Interpersonal Communication

The UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS is seeking an Assistant Professor in
Communication Studies for a tenure track position beginning in August
2008.  Requirements include a Ph.D. or advanced ABD in Communication
Studies or a related field, potential for an active research program
in interpersonal communication as evidenced by graduate course-work,
publications, and/or conference presentations in the field, and
teaching experience as evidenced by courses taught.  The successful
candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in
interpersonal communication; conduct research in his/her area of
expertise; and meet standard service and advising requirements.
Candidates with ability to do advising, professional visibility,
potential for procuring external funding, experience teaching
interpersonal communication, and a strong record of scholarship and
teaching are preferred, as are candidates whose interests are
complementary to those of current faculty. Candidates with interests
in new communication technologies, relational communication, and/or
social science research methods are particularly encouraged to apply.
First consideration will be given to applications received by
November 2, 2007.  Salary range is competitive.   The successful
candidate for the position should be eligible to work in the U.S.
prior to the starting date of the position.

Send a letter of application, statement of research program,
curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, and if available,
support materials including examples of scholarship and evidence of
teaching excellence to:

Dr. Nancy Baym, Search Committee Chair
Department of Communication Studies
University of Kansas
102 Bailey Hall
1440 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS  66045-7574

Direct further inquiries to Dr. Nancy Baym, nbaym at ku.edu.  Upon
receipt of application materials, individuals will be sent
instructions for completing required sections of an on-line Faculty
Data Work Eligibility form.

The University of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.  The University encourages applications form
under-represented group members. Federal and state legislation
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, and veteran status.
In addition, University policies prohibit discrimination on the basis
of sexual orientation, marital status, and parental status.