[Air-L] Ethics in online virtual worlds

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Wed Aug 1 11:30:20 PDT 2007

Hi Kevin,
I'd be interested in the ethics board's reasoning behind their
request. Does it have to do with the content of your research, i.e.
that you are interested in individuals' experiences with avatars
rather than avatars per se?

An excellent chapter on research ethics is
Ess, C. (2007). Internet research ethics. In A. N. Joinson, K. Y. A.
McKenna, T. Postmes & U.-D. Reips (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of
Internet psychology (pp. 487-502). Oxford, UK: Oxford University
Press.

Best --u